5 things surfers can do to make the world a better place.
Surfers are mother nature best friend, without her power no waves, no joy. That’s why we would like to give some tips to those nature lovers. Let’s go!
1) Collect 3 pieces of litter each time you are at the beach. It might seem like a small thing to do, but with great impact! The fight against plastic in the ocean is bigger than you think, let’s try go win it together, every action counts.
2) Buy an eco friendly board. Materials used to make surfboards aren’t always the most eco friendly ones. Because we (surfers) can not live without the waves given to us by mother nature, we have to take care of her in every possible way. An eco friendley board is a perfect way to start! Firewire boards have an epic ECO line of Machado in different shapes and sizes. We looooove their boards!
3) Travel the green way! Wanna travel with less impact on the eco system as possible? Try greentripper.org
4) Shop local!!! Wherever you are, try to shop local and use local products. Unnecessary transport of products from one side of the world to the other is useless don’t you agree? I guess if we all would adapt to local availabilities, it could make a hugh difference.
5) Try to eat veggie once in a while! CasualVeggie. Did you realize that if 1.000.000 people would eat one veggie meal per week, that would be an equivalent of 60.000 cars less on the road. Image the impact if we all embraced that habit.